2019 Special “Call for Candidates”
Second time’s a Charm!
Be a Part of what makes SCG great!
The Lifestyles Advisory Committee (LAC) and The Architectural Review Subcommittee are each looking for additional members.
Applications will be available at the Membership Desk in the Palm Center or online at www.suncitygrand.com starting Monday, June 3, 2019. Application Deadline is 4 p.m. Monday, June 17, 2019.
Architectural Review Subcommittee (meets every Thursday)
- Members may not be a member of the Architectural Review Committee.
- Review all ARC applications submitted for approval/disapproval.
- Subcommittee will submit to the ARC recommended changes, additions, and deletions to the Design Guidelines.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of the Design Guidelines.
- Candidate should have the ability to meet most Thursday mornings.
- Candidate should have no agenda toward components of the Design Guidelines.
Lifestyles Advisory Committee (LAC) (meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month)
- Executive officers of chartered clubs cannot serve on the Lifestyles Advisory Committee.
- Reviews issues relevant to Chartered Clubs and Interest Groups.
- Collaborates with the Activities and Fitness Departments and/or General Manager with any lifestyle issues and/or any changes to lifestyle policies.
- Considers new or changes in existing amenities that would enhance the lifestyle of current residents and attract future residents to the community.
- Considers new amenities and programs that will enhance the quality of life of our residents who are planning to age in place.
- Considers lifestyle issues brought to the committee by residents.
- Makes recommendations to the Board, as appropriate.
- June 26 Wednesday AM ARC Subcommittee
- June 26 Wednesday PM LAC
You will be notified of your interview time during the week of June 17.
2019 SPECIAL CALL FOR CANDIDATES
For The Grand Election Team
Applications available Monday, June 3, 2019
at the Membership Desk in the Palm Center
or online at www.suncitygrand.com
Application Deadline is 4 p.m. Monday, June 17, 2019
Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Like flexible meeting times? And want to make a positive difference? Then the Grand Election Team needs you!
Grand Election Team (GET)
- Operates as a Core Team Structure with a division of tasks among other teams: The Marketing and Communications Team; Review Team, and the Hospitality Team.
- Establishes guidelines for the annual Board of Directors Election and the Board Appointed Committee Interviews.
- Conducts the Board of Directors Election and coordinates all of the events and advertising related to the election.
- Conducts the Board Appointed Committee Interviews (The Call for Candidates), coordinating scheduling, facilitating, and advertising.
- Works collaboratively, but not all members are required at monthly meetings. Each member participates as the work product requires. (A two-year commitment is preferred for Core Team participation).
- Meets the first Wednesday of the month as needed.
Interviews will be held Thursday, June 27, 2019, in the morning. You will be notified of your interview time during the week of June 17.