All changes to the exterior of a dwelling unit must receive Architectural Review Committee (ARC) approval before construction or installation.
To that end, homeowners shall submit an Application (Appendix B) of the September 2018 Design Guidelines . You may download the form or hard-copy forms are available at the Standards Office. Please submit two copies of the online version; hard-copy forms are carbonless with a second copy.
Follow all instructions on the top of the Application form, to include submission of supporting documents. The required coversheet will walk you through the process to ensure that you have included everything that is required for submission.
Only Completed Applications with Coversheet Will Be Accepted.
Application for Approval (Appendix B) form must be complete and include:
- The Owner's signature
- Specify on application if contract is attached in lieu of Owner's signature
- Specify the tract, lot number, and lot type on application
- Check all items that apply to the application
- "Landscaping" doesn't automatically include any or all of the other items.
- If necessary, attach additional sheets to fully explain the request for approval
- Specify contractor's name, phone number and Arizona ROC license number
- Note: Arizona State Law requires all contractors to be licensed for jobs over $1000.00.
- One copy of a plot plan, showing all property lines, building setback lines, easements, dimensions, etc. If an Owner doesn't have a plot plan, copies are available from the Standards Office.
- Two copies of the plan drawn to scale, showing all property lines, building setback lines, easements, features, dimensions, colors, construction type, etc. Please, no plans larger than 11x17 for scanning purposes; 8-1/2 x11 or 8x14 (legal size) are preferred.
- One copy of all applicable City of Surprise permits (irrigation, rock dump, fence, electric, gas, pool/spa, plumbing, construction, etc.).
- Where ARC previously approved existing features that are shown on your plan, clearly define (highlight or label) the features that are new and to be considered on the current application. Otherwise, we will assume you are seeking approval for everything appearing on the plan. Please, no plans larger than 11x17 for scanning purposes; 8-1/2 x11 or 8x14 (legal size) are preferred.
- A resubmitted application must include a new application form and two new copies of the plan to scale, plot plan, etc. Attach the disapproved application. Please, no plans larger than 11x17 for scanning purposes; 8-1/2 x11 or 8x14 (legal size) are preferred.
- Submit Applications to the Standards Office (Palm Center)
- Applications submitted by noon on Wednesday are typically ready for pick-up the following Monday after 9:00 AM. Exceptions are Holiday weeks and incomplete applications. Results are not given by telephone ~ limited time and resources prohibit us from calling all the applicants every week
Not sure if your idea is permissible within the guidelines? Refer to the September 2018 Design Guidelines.